ANZ has a special going on until 30th June 2015. I you apply and get approved, spend $3000 within the first 3 months you will get 50000 QFF or ANZ rewards points. The other perk is of course annual fee free for the first year. (Usually $425 inc QFF opt in)
Main Perks summary
- Good points ratio QFF AMEX – $1 – 1.5 QFF *VISA $1 – 0.75 (Which is probably the best big 4 bank earn rate)
- Additional 1 point per $1 on Qantas Products
- uncapped points
- 2 x complimentary Qantas Lounge passes
- Unlimited entry to airport lounges outside Australia through veloce
- Discounted Qantas Club Membership
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance by QBE once you spend $250 (per event though)
- 50000 points + free annual fee first year
- Should be able to pay ATO with these cards, 1.45% with the AMEX is the one to go for.
- Requires income over 75k to apply
- VISA point ratio still doesn’t compare to other cards which can be $1 to 1 point.
- Extended warranty only increases by 1 year if its 1-5 year warranty. Westpac is better.
- Free 50000 QFF points and annual fee free (cancel once you get the points)
- can sell QFF lounge pass if you don’t use it
- QFF can be hard to redeem at times
- Should apply before they finish in June
There are quite a few good offers at this time of the year. Time to get your bonus points for your flights!
This popped up yesterday and I signed up immediately.
NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card – bonus 40k points after eligible spend.
What’s the earn rate?
For the top 4 banks, it’s probably not the best earn rate compared to ANZ, CBA, Westpac. But it’s AMEX earn rate is the same as the others. The VISA points is a bit disappointing as you can see below.
AMEX – $1 to 1.5 Qantas points
VISA – $1 to 0.5 Qantas points.
What’s good about it?
- 40000k free points once approved
- comparable amex earn rate
- 7 Complimentary insurances (Travel, extended warranty, purchase protection etc)
- $0 annual fee for the first year. Usually $250.
- Free supplementary card
- 44 days interest free if you pay your bill on time.
- Just need eligible spend to get 40k points. Doesn’t say you need to spend a certain amount.
Hard to apply?
- You must apply online to get the offer
- Should get immediate response
- Should take 10 mins or so
- Might only need to use it once or a few times and wait for the bonus points
- Free 40k points – winner
- not as good as the top bank cards which includes lounge passes etc. But for free, can’t complain.
- You should all apply!